Sunday, October 5, 2014

Starkey Mission to China, 2014

Wow. Has it really been over two years since I last posted here? Geez! I guess I have had nothing interesting or all that important to say in the last 24 months. Well, the last two weeks have certainly been interesting and worth writing about. I have just returned from my first Starkey Hearing Foundation mission! My employer is a sponsor and every now and again they get to send people on missions. We've had quite a few people go in the past and this time I was one of the lucky ones asked to go! I said "heck, yea!" so myself, along with a few co-workers spent the past 14 days in southwestern China fitting hearing aids to hearing impaired individuals who could not otherwise afford them. Due to the Great Firewall of China I was unable to post my daily journal entries to Blogger while I was over there, so over the course of the next few days I will be posting my (back-dated) journal entries for your reading enjoyment (but mostly for myself so I don't forget what a great experience it was). So sit back, relax, and enjoy!

P.S. This entry is also back-dated so the upcoming journal entries will appear after it in chronological order.

No comments: