Monday, January 23, 2012

The Man Cave

It has been a long time, so I thought I would give a quick update on what has been keeping me busy lately (apart from family, work, and life in general of course). Last year I decided I needed a workshop. I was tired of spending an hour to move cars, arrange machinery, clean up, move machinery, and move cars again, every time I wanted to cut a piece of wood. Not to mention the fact that I could never do anything that required any sort of setup as I couldn't afford to leave things in any sort of steady state (besides "put away") for more than a weekend.

So I started digging.

This is what I started with:




And many, many (*MANY*) wheelbarrow loads later, I was part-way done:



And with a lot of sweat and some help from my good friend Todd, I got even further.



In the process, I was in between many a hard place and these:



But eventually, I got it to the point where I was ready to do something with the space.




And with a lot of understanding from my wife, and a lot of help from my brother, my dad, once again Todd, and the rest of my family and friends, I finally got the beginnings of a workshop.



And with a little more blood, sweat, and swears (and a significant amount of money), and some more help from Todd and my friend John, I have my very own Man Cave.





And tonight, Todd and I used that Man Cave to finish up this little beauty:




I want to say a huge "Thank You" to everyone who helped me make this little workshop a reality. I certainly have a fair amount of work left when the weather warms up again, but having this space to work in is awesome.

All I need now is a beer fridge and a scotch dispenser!
Stay tuned for more posts in the future!

No comments: