I made some more progress on the router table today. I got the linear slides mounted and the router bolted in place. Here is what it looks like so far:
I'm still not sure what I am going to use for an adjuster, and I also need to build a nice, rigid fence - but I temporarily clamped my crappy router table fence in place to see how things would work. I really wanted to try out the 45 degree lock miter bit that I bought. I didn't bother to set up the height or fence position (since there is currently no way to do that!) so ignore the misalignment, but I can already tell the joint is going to be really slick.