Saturday, December 20, 2008

Chillin' Out In Vancouver

Wow - I can't believe I haven't posted since October! I've been pretty busy with work and other things; but now I am officially on holidays for the rest of the year and we are spending the next 8 or 9 days in Vancouver (Tsawwassen, actually) with relatives.

We're staying with Sharon's sister Tracy and her husband Jordan, and we are meeting our nephew Griffin for the first time. We left on Thursday after a bit of confusion due to the impending doom of snowpocalypse. Our original flight was cancelled but we were booked on another one leaving 7 hours later. After spending a fairly boring day at the airport, we finally made it here and got to sleep about 5:30am (Waterloo time) yesterday morning. Sharon's parents are due to arrive today (their flight wasn't cancelled), and Drew is already counting the sleeps until it is time to open presents. Hopefully we'll get out a bit to see the sights and I'll post some pictures.

It is freaking cold here! I thought Vancouver was supposed to be warm and wet? We are expecting a big storm tonight so the girls are going out shopping before it hits. I'm happy to stay put with a drink and a warm sweater on, and just do nothing.

1 comment:

Paulina said...

Nice to hear you made it to Vancouver with only a small delay. Merry Christmas to all of you! I enjoyed seeing the photos of Griffin on Tracy and Jordan's blog.