Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Worst Game Ever

So a loooong time ago I bought Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End for the Wii. I basically bought it the day it came out because my kids love Pirates and I assumed it was going to rock. I mean, c'mon - swinging the the Wii remote like a pirate sword? how could that possibly not be completely awesome? Well...as it turns out - this is the worst freaking game I have ever played. And apparently I am not the only one who thinks so.

The day we bought it - I surprised the kids and we put it in. We were all excited. This was going to be awesome! Well, after about 2 minutes the reality of just how hard this game sucked was already sinking in and my arm was already sore from randomly wanking the remote around like a madman (if my arm is going to be sore from wanking I expect to be getting something out of it). It was obvious Drew could not play it at all, and Rhiannon lost interest pretty much immediately.

So it has collected dust on our shelf since the day I bought it. I even tried to sell it online and didn't get a single offer. Well, for some reason Drew has been on at me to play it again. I say me because he just can't do it at all; but he loves to watch (he doesn't really comprehend the suck factor) me play. So for the past few nights we have been thrashing the remote around and making progress in the game. I don't know how close we are to the end, but I hope it is over soon because my right forearm is so freaking pumped up from remote wanking I can't take much more. I'll never buy a game sight-unseen again.

No comments: