Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Even More Fly Tying

I tied a couple more flys (flies?) over the weekend and tonight. The one I tied on the weekend didn't turn out again since I didn't have the proper materials. I figured I would fake it with some hair from the back of my dad's neck. ;) I call it "The Schweaty Redneck":



So tonight, fed up with never having elk hair or marabou - I went out and bought some and then took another crack at an F Fly. Admittedly it is the easiest one to tie, but it is definitely my best result to date. And my whip finishes are coming along nicely too!



I also went fly fishing on the weekend with my dad and brother. Unfortunately I didn't catch anything worth mentioning (again), but I think it is only a matter of time. I'm getting in lots of practice and I am quite proud of how quickly my casting is progressing (if I do say so myself)!

No comments: